On many of freelancing platform like Elance, Upwork, Guru etch, we can’t find direct contacts of clients. They provide only to set proposal for each job and after you can interact with clients on PMB (Private message board).
I also thumb up because they act as mediators between “client” and “freelancer” and no mediators (Freelancing platform) want to give facility to contact them (client and freelancer) directly.
But I found 3 direct ways to get clients in Elance,
- Profile by
- Invitation by
- By user profile
By client’s profile:
- Click on find work (after login)
- Click on your appropriate category
- Select any job
- If there is profile picture of client then just right click on image and search it with Google.
- When you use elance, you will get lots of Invitation as per your skill. I will show you how can you find client’s contact information from job invitation.
See here from “webswire.org”(sample client’s username) just copy it and paste on Skype search or Google. Most of time we keep same user name on many portals and this will help freelancer to contact with clients.
By User Profile:
This freelance tips is an alternative method to find clients. It worked for me many times so just try it. There is lots of freelancer in elance whose hourly rate is more then $50 and they outsource their project so you can contact them to get more projects.
- Login to elance account
- Select freelancer and type skill like PHP
- You will get thousand of freelance
- Check their hourly rate (Specially freelance from USA and UK)
- Open their profile
- On right side of their profile , you can see User name of freelance (see below my attached image)
Next step just copy the username and past on Skype search, most probably chance to get the client. Now you know the process to sent him friend request with own skills.
Watch the video for “How to find client in elance?”
Summery: With use of above 3 direct ways, you can find direct contact of clients on Elance portal.